“From 1985 until 1988, I investigated ME/CFS patients in a manner that I thought was exhaustive. I found disease then in only about 10% to 20% of patients. Were the remaining 80% to 90% suffering from somatization, psychiatric disease, or simply faking? No, the error of analysis was in my ability. After I met and received training from specialists including Dr. Charles Poser, a neurologist at Harvard, Dr. John Richardson in the United Kingdom, Dr. Jay Goldstein in Beverly Hills, and Dr. Ishmael Mena, at the University of California-Los Angeles, my ability to diagnose a ME/CFS patient's disability rose 50% to 80%. Today, I usually find the underlying measurable cause of disease in 70% to 80% of the patients that I investigate. Are the remaining 20% suffering from somatization or psychiatric disease? I don't think so. I think I am simply missing the underlying diagnosis”.

THE book on myalgic encephalomyelitis, chronic fatigue and missed diagnosis. Byron Hyde is one of the world's most respected experts in clinical medicine. He has worked alongside experts in neurology at Harvard including Dr. Charles Poser and Prof. Frank Duffy. He is also one of the only physicians in the world to have visited and examined patients from all the major ME epidemics. With a foreword by Prof. Malcolm Hooper. This compilation of Byron Hyde's most important work is edited by Simon Overton author of "Charcot's Bad Idea"